Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1/2 cup fine bulgur
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup boiling-hot water
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (from 3 bunches)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 seedless cucumber*, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Steps to Make It
- Stir together bulgur and 1 tablespoon oil in a heatproof bowl. Pour boiling water over, then cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and let stand 15 minutes. Drain in a sieve, pressing on bulgur to remove any excess liquid.
- Transfer bulgur to a bowl and toss with remaining ingredients, including 2 tablespoons oil, until combined well.
- These long, narrow cucumbers are often marketed as "European" and are usually sold in plastic wrap to protect their thin, delicate, unwaxed skin.